Wednesday, June 29, 2011

1.8

So in my attempt to fill the days until I start teaching dance, have I mentioned that I'll be teaching children from September to June? Yeah, I don' think I have. I got hired at the studio that I grew up dancing at to teach Modern and Hip Hop. The studio is having a Hip Hop summer session, that I as the new teacher am supposed to be teaching. So when I'm not freaking out about choreographing combos, I download music. All I can say is that I must have downloaded at least 300 songs already....and maybe only 120 of those still remain in my iTunes library.

Right, so when I'm not dowloading music or attempting to choreograph combos, I'm looking on Craig's List for jobs [generally a frustrating waste of time] or filling my time with mindless tv/internet. I do on occasion find a friend to hang out with or a project to do...so yesterday I started something that I said I'd do daily, but I'm fighting with myself to do it right now...I walked to this lake thats near my house and back...1.8 miles.

Okay, I may be a dancer, but that does not mean I am able to jog. I tried to jog part of that yesterday, HA! Felt like my heart was going to explode in my chest...so I'll stick to the walking, even if my legs are a bit sore today. Which is the main reason I'm fighting myself to get dressed and go walk. However, due to me being a dancer and not a gym going person, I lack the clothes. All the clothes I would use are in the laundry and I don't think a leotard would work for this. So once I'm done writing this blog, I'll find a sports bra and some pair of pants that aren't sweatpants and walk....hopefully, to be completely honest I just really want a cupcake from Cupcake Charlie's and a coffee from Marylou's in Plymouth, MA...sigh. Prehaps tomorrow for Kristin's 20th birthday.

On the subject of birthdays: Yesterday was Steph's, tomorrow is Kristin's, Friday is Nick's, Saturday is Alexa's and mine is coming up very, very soon [15 days].

No comments:

Post a Comment