Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Teaching my first class.

So I'm home from my first time teaching and besides my foot pounding (I broke it open again a little, uh) I feel like I did a good job. The girls were a little nervous and didn't talk the entire time, but they seemed to enjoy it. We did  a combination to "Baby" by Justin Bieber and we'll be continuing it on Thursday. I realized that what I thought seven year olds could handle is not what seven year olds can handle. I need to simplify things more then I had thought to. It was only a 45 minute class, but I found myself wondering how I'd make it through it. There came a point during the class when I teaching the combo that I thought they weren't enjoying it so I told them to lip sync the song. I swear I did more cheesey facial expressions during that then I have done in all my cruise line auditions. Prehaps next audition I'll pretend I'm teaching children. Today's class was Hip Hop and in 2 weeks I'll be teaching modern, which will hopefully calm me down a little. I also have an interview with a studio in Westborough on Monday and I'm scheduling another intereview with one in Scituate. Both these studios are like an hour away from me, but I'm actually looking forward to interviewing there. Am I falling in love with teaching or just happy at the possibilty of being employed?

No comments:

Post a Comment