Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Dating World.

Okay so in preparation for my date tomorrow, I've been reading articles from magazines about the Dos and Don'ts about first dates. From what I've gathered the Dos are:
  • be yourself
  • wear something comfortable
  • don't wear heels cause you don't know if you'll do a lot of walking
  • hair down sends a better message then an updo
  • natural makeup
Don'ts:
  • wear an outfit you've never worn before
  • talk about exs or sex
  • mindlessly babble or complain about your life
  • drink too much
So what I've gathered is too appear just enough of you to keep them interested, but don't let them know about any of your crazy... So my question is, what are you supposed to do when they ask a question, that can't be answered without talking about one of the things you're not supposed to? Or how do you go out to drinks without drinking too much? And how much is too much? 2 drinks? 4 drinks?

When I'm not worrying about "dating rules" I'm worrying about what to wear, how to do my hair, what shoes, how much make up...I want to wear heels (my foot will probably kill), but I'm worried I'll seem too tall. And then I worry if he walks me to my car, will he care that I drive a minivan? I worry that I'll say something stupid, or better yet have that awkward moment of silence when I have no idea what to say. And I'm worried about how to cover my disgusting foot because both flats and heels will show it. Sneakers are not date shoes and I don't know if I can get my foot into a pair of boots. Plus are boots summer wear? Ugh. I have no idea what to wear, I think a dress is a good bet, but they're all a little short. Skirts are a definite no go, way too short. It's too hot for pants...dresses it is then. And I'm freaking out/babbling for no reason. It's a date. One date. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment