Friday, July 8, 2011

Weekly Gratitude [1]

So I'm going to try at the end of every week to list at least ten things I'm grateful for that happened that week. So here goes week one.

[Ten] I'm thankful that I only needed some minor stitches on my foot and that I am in otherwise good health.
[Nine] I'm thankful that I was able to know how it feels to completely open my heart to another human being even if it didn't end well.
[Eight] I'm thankful that I got some sun this week at the beach. The simple pleasure of sunshine cannot be over looked.
[Seven] I am thankful that I live with parents who accept who I am as an artist and my tattoos.
[Six] I am thankful to have Leilani in my life. For such a short time we've known each other, she's pretty close to my other half. I don't know what I would have done without her since graduation.
[Five] I am thankful that I have started to get back into my spiritual roots. I haven't felt the God and Goddess in some time. (I'll explain this more in another post sometime)
[Four] I am thankful to have amazing friends that let me vent my woes to them and pick me up when I'm down.
[Three] I am thankful for shopping trips to mall, even if it's only to Victoria Secret.
[Two] I am thankful that I have a love so strong in my life it isn't going anywhere; Dance.
[One] Most of all I am thankful that I am not living in a culture that oppresses me and limits my life based on religion.

1 comment:

  1. . . . you just made me get all teary eyed like a jerk!

    ReplyDelete