Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Poem.

Going through a stack of old papers today, I discover this poem that I wrote in High School. Its amazing how overlly dramatic I was then...

Bed of Black

I'm laying in a bed of black
the rain is falling all around me,
darkness swallowing me back.
I've lost all sense of time and love.

I hug my pillow, where you use to lay.
I'm alone in my darkness to slumber forever,
a tomb of numbness and isolation.

This bed of black is death to me;
a coffin of memories and fears.
This bed of black is my nightly grave,
where eternal damnation awaits.

And I'm tangled in the sheets of regret,
unable to sleep and escape my death.
The ceilings growing closer and the wallsa re closing in.
I'm losing myself and I'm taking a breath...

But it's not use, theykeep coming closer.
I close my eyes and think of you, my love.
We use to share this darkness together,
but you are no longer here, my lover.

But this bed of black is death to me;
a coffin of memories and fears.
This bed of black is my nightly grave,
where eternal damnation awaits...

It's not very rhymie and I'm not even sure what inspired it anymore, but one couplet sticks with me, "And I'm tangled in the sheets of regret/unable to sleep and escape my death." For whatever reason those lines make me want to get back writing my extremely sappy/overly dramatic love stories...prehaps I shall take up writing again. I have missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment