Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It's a John Mayer sort of day...



"So go and drift away from me, adopt some new philosphy that doesn't hold the two of us in mind. Move into someone else's place, stare into some other's eyes, but slowly only to come to realize...you didn't need another kind of green to know, I'm on the right side."

Today has been survive-able. After all the new students left I took a two and hlaf hour nap. Upon waking I was listening to some John Mayer, per usual, when it dawned on me...I relate to his music so much because I feel the things he does. It's scary that I can listen to entire album and know exactly what he was feeling when he wrote the song. I find myself longing for things I should no longer want. I want your arms around me. I want to lie in bed and not talk. I want
to feel your lips against mine again. I wantt entirely sure how I'm going to survive seeing you this weekend. Thinking about saturday sends my heart into overdrive, which I can only relate to the idea of a panic attack. Why should you give me a panic attack? And then I remember in the wise words of John Mayer,
"Maybe when things turn green again, it will be good to say you know me. It's taking so long, I could be wrong, I could be ready...but if I take my heart's advice, I should assume it's still unready, oh I'm never really ready...I'm in repairm I'm not together, but I'm getting there."

No comments:

Post a Comment