Monday, October 24, 2011

DIY Challenge: Entry One

So amongst teaching children the careful art of dance, testing out a new boy via text messages and a first date, rehearsing with my crew twice a week in Boston, and the every day things I find to occupy myself like laundry....I have decided to take on the task of redoing my room. Which in all honesty I started about a week after I moved home from Dean, however with the most definite ever failing of the economy, my dream to move to New York will have to be put on the back burner for at least a year or two more. And most days I'm leaning towards two or more. My students loans right now, stand to be about $500 a month...add on top of that the money I have to pay to pay off my credit card ($1793 and some change from my six weeks in NYC 2 years ago), my cell phone bill, and whatever else life wants to pop up for me...Money is dictating me to stay at home and save a little bit longer.

So with the plan of paying off my credit card in 8/9 months and the need of a challenge pulsing through my veins...I've decided to try and redo my room for under $500, not including the flat screen tv and the new bed I want. Okay, challenge accepted. DIY heaven here I come.

I've started my adventure on shopgoodwill.com and just started searching the site...low and behold I found an awesome mirror, which in 6 days I'm hoping will be mine. It's gonna cost me $20 in shipping, but if I get the mirror for under my max bid, I'll be excited. I'm planning on a fresh coat of paint on the frame will give it a new life. It's coming from Shreveport, LA and little part of me is also excited to own something that's from a place that's close to the fictional town of Bon Temps. Ah I'm such a geek. I'm hoping my mother doesn't have a freak out when she finds out (if I win it) and may want to use it in our upstairs bathroom that we're currently redoing. If not, in my room it goes.

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen your room! I'd really like too, both before and after stages.

    ReplyDelete